The systems are designed for open and encrypted telephone radio communications between helicopters/airplanes and ground-based command and control centers as well as for data transmission and reception in carrier telegraphy mode.
THE RADIO SETS ENABLE:
• Instant selection of preset channels in the 100 MHz — 150MHz and 220MHz — 400MHz bands, radio telephone communication on pre-set frequencies, side tone monitoring and radio relay functionality;
• The radio set can be operated at the required frequencies from a remote control unit;
• The radio sets can operate 24/7 in 1:5 cycle (transmitting/receiving);
• Built-in self-test capability, fault indication.
TYPES AND MODES OF OPERATION:
• stand-by mode, capable to detect signals on one of the emergency frequencies: 121.5 MHz or 243 MHz;
• operation as a reserve aircraft voice communication unit.